GarageCUBE has released a public beta of modul8 v2.6. It includes several new features and fixes as well as compatibility with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
This public beta is free for testing to all registered users and will expire at the end of this month.
The final release will be a paid upgrade of 49 euros. For users who purchased modul8 within the last year the upgrade is free.
DO NOT USE THIS VERSION OF MODUL8 FOR PRODUCTION PURPOSES.
Features and changes
- Compatible with Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Irresponsive and blurred module buttons in Snow Leopard.
- Screenshot of preview/output.
- Sound Analysis Configuration panel accessible using ‘Edit > Sound Analysis.’
- Apply sound analysis through the Animation FX menus.
- New function for modules: modul8.getSoundBands() returns the 23 bands (20:low, 21:mid, 22: high)
- Adjusting the sound input level within modul8 changes the default input level in System Sound Preferences.
Layers / Media
- Increased live video feed to 4 simultaneous streams. Cameras can be assigned to the inputs available in the Special Media panel using the QuickTime preferences panel in the Video Capture preferences.
- Dragging and dropping a folder with images into the media set creates a sequence that can be controlled like a movie. Adding and removing images from the folder will dynamically modify the sequence within modul8. The maximum pixel size of movie folder can be set in the preferences under the Misc tab.
- Additive and subtractive blend modes made available for all layers.
- Wacom tablet input is available in the module system. The Paint module has been modified to take advantage of this feature.
- Sound balance can now be controlled in the Opt. tab of the main layers interface.
- DMX support available exclusively using the Enttec DMX USB Pro device.
Using the module system it is now possible to control modul8 using DMX and to control DMX devices using modul8. Fully functional and sample DMX modules are currently available.
- DirectEvent returns a new type: DMX (universe, channel, value, timestamp).
- DMX functions for modules: getDMXUniverseList, sendDMX, getDMXValues.
MIDI / Keys
- Automatic scan of MIDI devices when they are connected or disconnected.
- Added the option to filter MIDI devices. The filter is located in the preferences panel under the Key/MIDI Mapping tab.
- Import/export of MIDI and key mappings.
New module keywords:
direct_media_bilinearFiltering (write only)
- The preview window can now be customized to any pixel size. This option replaces ‘free mode.’ Also added is a preset for 16/10 aspect ratio.
- Rendering size of Quartz Composer file can be set in the preferences under the Misc tab.
- Added missing and or incomplete descriptions to the keyword browser.
- Modul8 was not receiving data from Korg nano kontrol when two controls were used simultaneously.
- In a specific instance the alpha IN/OUT buttons in Transformer/Particles were not updating.
- In some instances preview tabs disappeared when playing back a Logical Record.
- In the module system some values were returning incorrect values or the value could be misinterpreted.
- Logical Record not recording time position, not displaying counter accurately and Layer Logical Record not recording with Logical Record and hide/show of layers.
- Invert Output, Add Output colors and Trace not rendering when using a large Clip in Advanced Output.
- Double clicking on module icons, pressing command + Q on launch causing modul8 to crash.
- Search for missing files could produce memory leak.
- In some instances QuickTime movies in photo-jpeg codec could cause crashes.
- In modules using drawView, fillrect not erasing and filled canvas with color causing color to invert.
Freeframes plugins are now searched in:
“directory of Modul8″/Plug-Ins
If you have not received a message directly from us and would like to participate in the Beta release please contact me at support [at] garagecube [dot] com and I will provide you with the info for downloading it.
Your feedback is very valuable to us. If you find a problem please send contact support [at] garagecube [dot] com with your serial number, a clearly outlined description of the problem, your system profile and your crash logs if they are available.
A section of the forum has also been created for sharing your feedback with the community.